15 November 2009

Samui Island, Thailand


I had always pictured kayaking as a sport listed under "adventure sports," and somehow involving aligators, shark cages, and the National Geographic Channel. But on my three-day trip to a sandy island in southern Thailand, I learned that it's just a clever way to get tourists onto canoes without making it sound lame. And it was great! I met up with two friends currently working in Thailand to enjoy the beach, and then spend a day of exploring nearby rocks and islands by boat, "kayak," snorkeling (kind of), and, well, beach volleyball. The sand and waters were clean (except for those pesky little jellyfish), the hotel quiet, and the food good. I'd never really sought out beach vacations before, but after sampling one, I could be tempted by their appeal again.
Click this photo (below) to go to my Picasa album (about 20 pictures):

2009 1010 Samui Island - Thailand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home